Delivered to More Aggregate, Mining & Mineral Processing Professionals Worldwide than any other E-Publication

Briggs & Stratton Corporation is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiary Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC is North America’s number one manufacturer of portable generators and pressure washers, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden and turf care through its wholly owned subsidiary Simplicity Manufacturing, Inc. and its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Ferris® and Murray® brands. These products are sold through consumer home centers, department stores, mass merchants, warehouse clubs and independent dealers.

Briggs & Stratton’s engines are used primarily by the lawn and garden equipment industry, which accounts for about 78% of engine sales. Major lawn and garden equipment applications include walk-behind lawn mowers, riding lawn mowers and garden tillers. The remaining 22% of engine sales are for use on products for industrial, construction, agricultural and other consumer applications, which include generators, pumps and pressure washers. Many retailers specify Briggs & Stratton’s engines on the powered equipment they sell, and the Briggs & Stratton name is often featured prominently on a product despite the fact the engine is only a component.

Approximately 27% of Briggs & Stratton’s net sales are derived from sales in international markets, primarily to customers in Europe. Briggs & Stratton is a leading supplier of gasoline engines in countries where there is an established lawn and garden equipment market. Briggs & Stratton also exports engines to developing nations where its engines are used in agricultural, marine, construction and other applications.

Briggs & Stratton Corporation manufactures replacement engines and service parts and sells them to sales and service distributors. These distributors supply service parts and replacement engines directly to approximately 35,000 independently owned, authorized service dealers throughout the world. These distributors and service dealers implement Briggs & Stratton’s commitment to reliability and service.

Briggs & Stratton manufactures engines and parts at the following U.S. locations: Wauwatosa, Wisconsin; Murray, Kentucky; Poplar Bluff and Rolla, Missouri; Auburn, Alabama; and Statesboro, Georgia. Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group, LLC and Simplicity Manufacturing, Inc. manufacture finished goods in Jefferson, Port Washington and Watertown, Wisconsin; Munnsville, New York; McDonough, Georgia and soon in Newbern, Tennessee.

An early and successful integrator of the Economic Value Added (EVA) discipline into its organization (1989), the Company has compiled an impressive record of producing economic profits. In 2005, Briggs & Stratton was named to Forbes magazine’s Platinum list of “America’s Best Big Companies” for the third year in a row. In fiscal 2007, the company reported net earnings of $0.1 million on sales of $2.16 billion.